1/07/2011

How do I make a ringtone play when I get a text message on the HTC Droid Incredible?

htc
by avlxyz

I can't figure out how to set a ringtone for when I receive a text message on the HTC Droid Incredible. I just got the phone yesterday, and it's driving me crazy about how to do it. I figured out how to set a ringtone for when I get a call, but I can't figure it out for when I get a text message...

Answer by Al
Ventones
THIS IS THE BEST SITE WITHOUT A DOUBT

step 1 upload a music file
step 2 select what part of the file you want as a ringtone
step 3 they text it straight inside a text message

totally FREE

Answer by joe.attaboy
Android makes a distinction between tones used for phone calls and for texts. Text sounds are part of "notifications." The default to using short sound effects versus long songs.

The easiest way to change this is to open the messaging app and press the menu key. You should see a Settings option (or look under "More" for settings...I don't have my phone here so I'm guessing). The settings is where you can change the notification options.

By the way, I would recommend a free app called Handcent. Great texting app with a ton of configuration options. It's on the Market.



Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

Orignal From: How do I make a ringtone play when I get a text message on the HTC Droid Incredible?

No comments:

Post a Comment